Protection you can see—for the things they can’t.
Homeowners own the outdoor water and sewer piping from the street to their home, and they are responsible for the maintenance and repair of this equipment. When this equipment breaks or is damaged, the repairs and replacement can be costly. Nationwide’s Service Line coverage provides payment to repair damage to piping, wiring and outdoor property.
Service line coverage includes payment for damage to exterior underground piping and wiring, including permanent connections, valves or attached devices to the following services of the residence premises:
- Communications, including cable transmission, data transmission, internet access and telecommunications
- Compressed air
- Electrical power
- Heating, including geothermal, natural gas, propane and steam
- Waste disposal
Service line failure is a leak, break, tear, rupture or arching of a covered service line that may be caused by the following:
- Wear and tear, marring, deterioration or hidden decay
- Rust or other corrosion
- Mechanical breakdown, latent defect or inherent vice
- Weight of vehicles, equipment, animals or people
- Vermin, insects, rodents or other animals
- Artificially generated electrical current
- Freezing or frost heave
- External force from a shovel, backhoe or other form of excavation
- Tree or other root invasion
We offer flexibility and competitive pricing.